BEST CASE SCENARIO
- TAKE THE ART STRAIGHT TO THE PICTURE FRAMER
We recommend taking the print to a professional picture framer. Resist the urge to peek at the art when it arrives and instead take it straight there as they can treat the print with the care it deserves when undergoing the tricky process of proper unrolling.
Framed correctly, it will last a lifetime or longer.
FRAMING IT YOURSELF?
-WEAR GLOVES AND STAY CALM
However, we know many of you are gentle and capable of framing yourself, so we made you a unboxing video, above.
Here are some tips on how to properly unroll your print.
- Be sure you are working on a clean surface.
- Put on cotton gloves in order to protect your work from any fingerprints
- Carefully remove the print from the tubing.
- Holding it in place on one side with the tube (as seen in video), carefully roll the print forward placing out heavy books as you go.
- When completely rolled out- weigh down the print with even more books.
- Leave the print alone until it's flat. At Least 24 hours.
- Take it to a framer or carefully frame it yourself.