The Swedish word for fleamarket is "Loppis". It has such a fun and optimistic ring to it. "Loppa" is "A flea" and my sweet American relatives have taken to the word and exclaims "Let's go to LOPPIS!" when they plan their Swedish vacation. It's equally lovely to hear them say "Let's go to Sibylla" when they want a burger (a Swedish fast food chain). It reminds me of the scene in The Godfather, when Apollonia says she doesn’t have to practice anymore cause she already knows English by telling him the weekdays: "Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Saturday".
anyway.. here are a few finds I've made at loppis lately.
1. Five miniature chairs in red, yellow, green and blue. Stacked in the picture with a TV on top. (the TV is from my childhood Barbie kitchen set)
2. This little bird was simply irresistible
3. Five checkered porcelain plates in green and white.
4. Three wooden plates painted in a rich red, styled with dominoes.
5. Lastly a tiny Dalahäst infront of a black and white photograph of Jens as a kid, smoking.