How to Unpack and Care for the Print
As is usually the case with artwork, it is recommended that you go to a professional framer, as they can treat the print with the care it deserves when undergoing the oft-tricky process of proper unrolling. Resist the urge to peek at the art when it arrives and instead take your tube straight to the framer in order to prevent the risk of damaging the art piece.
Even so, if you do choose to unroll and frame the prints yourself, you should do so carefully. Here are some tips on how to properly unroll your print.
- Be sure you are working on a clean surface as not to damage or stain the work.
- Put on cotton gloves in order to protect your work from any fingerprints or natural oils.
- Carefully remove the print from the tubing.
- Keep any protective paper on the print and then tuck the lip against the end of a table.
- Turn the print upside down and begin to roll the print forward until it is completely laid out.
- Holding it in place, carefully remove the protective paper.
- Gently place a book over the top of the print and slowly slide it forward after it has been laid down.
- Place another large heavy book on the opposite side of the piece once it has been pulled all the way to the table.
- Leave the table alone and allow it to sit until the waves and rolls in the paper have become completely flat.
- Take it to a framer or carefully frame it yourself.
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.Browse WishlistRemove Wishlist